Sport, Physical Activity, and the Law
Photo Credits x
Part I Law, Legal Systems, and Research
1. Overview of the Law and the Legal System
2. Introduction to Legal Research
Canadian Applications for Part I Law, Legal Systems, and Research
Part II Who May Participate?
3. Segregation by Race, Color, and Creed
4 Discrimination Based on Gender and Sexual Orientation
5. Exclusion Based on Disabling Conditions
Canadian Applications for Part II Who May Participate?
Part III Rights of the Participant
6. Personal Freedom
7. Due Process
8. Searches and Drug Testing
Canadian Applications for Part III Rights of the Participant
Part IV Who Is in Charge?
9. Mechanisms for Credentialing Practitioners
10. Hiring and Employment Practices
11. The Role of Governing Bodies
Canadian Applications for Part IV Who Is in Charge?
Part V Legal Responsibility for Participant Safety
12. Basic Principles and Concepts of Tort Liability
13. The Standard of Care in Sports and Physical Activities
14. Responsibilities of Came Officials
15. Civil Redress for Violence on the Playing Field
Canadian Applications for Part V Legal Responsibility for Participant
About the Authors
Copyright © Alan S. Goldberger 1999-
All Legal Rights Reserved.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results are no guarantee of future performance.
Alan S. Goldberger
30 Columbia Turnpike, Suite 302
P.O. Box 8
Florham Park, New Jersey 07932-2253
Telephone: 973-301-1900 • 973-471-9200 • 212-401-6900